The Pursuit of Marriage (Effington Family & Friends #8) (Mass Market)
Backordered or Out of Print
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Effington Family & Friends series.
- #1: The Wedding Bargain (Effington Family & Friends #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Husband List (Effington Family & Friends #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: The Marriage Lesson (Effington Family & Friends #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: The Prince's Bride (Effington Family & Friends #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Her Highness, My Wife (Effington Family & Friends #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Love With the Proper Husband (Effington Family & Friends #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: The Lady in Question (Effington Family & Friends #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effington Family & Friends #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
What lengths would a young lady go to in her pursuit of the perfect match?
And how far would a gentleman go to stop her?
Cassandra Effington is one of the most delicious debutantes to ever waltz across a London ballroom. But while her identical twin sister Delia is now wed, Cassandra is still unclaimed, and everyone agrees her standards are entirely too high. So how could she possibly lose a most unseemly wager with the handsome, scandalous Viscount Berkley? The proposition: She will find him an ideal bride well before he finds her the perfect match.
But Lord Berkley intends to be very hard to please. He's already chosen the right woman, and no lady Cassandra puts forward to him will be perfect enough save the luscious Cassandra herself. And he'll do whatever it takes to make certain no gentleman he introduces her to is enticing enough, until she realizes that the perfect object in her pursuit of marriage is none other than the viscount himself.
About the Author
#1 New York Times bestselling author Victoria Alexander was an award-winning television reporter until she discovered fiction was more fun than real life. She is the author of thirty-one novels, and her books have been translated into more than a dozen languages. Victoria lives in Omaha, Nebraska, with her long-suffering husband and two dogs, in a house under endless renovation and never-ending chaos.
“Delightful...a charmingly told tale that illustrates that perfection isn’t all good manners and a beautiful face.” — Oakland Press