Someone to Trust: Elizabeth's Story (The Westcott Series #5) (Mass Market)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Westcott Series series.
- #1: Someone to Love: Avery's Story (The Westcott Series #1) (Paperback): $12.00
- #2: Someone to Hold: Camille's Story (The Westcott Series #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Someone to Wed: Alexander's Story (The Westcott Series #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Someone to Care: Viola's Story (The Westcott Series #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Someone to Honor: Abby's Story (The Westcott Series #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Someone to Remember: Matilda's Story (The Westcott Series) (Hardcover): $23.00
- #8: Someone to Cherish: Harry's Story (The Westcott Series #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Someone Perfect: Estelle's Story (The Westcott Series #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
During a rare white Christmas at Brambledean Court, the widow Elizabeth, Lady Overfield, defies convention by falling in love with a younger man in this historical romance novel in the Westcott series.
After her husband's passing, Elizabeth Overfield decides that she must enter into another suitable marriage. That, however, is the last thing on her mind when she meets Colin Handrich, Lord Hodges, at the Westcott Christmas house party. She simply enjoys his company as they listen to carolers on Christmas Eve, walk home from church together on Christmas morning, and engage in a spirited snowball fight in the afternoon. Both are surprised when their sled topples them into a snowbank and they end up sharing an unexpected kiss. They know there is no question of any relationship between them, for she is nine years older than he.
They return to London the following Season, both committed to finding other, more suitable matches. Still they agree to share one waltz at each ball they attend. This innocuous agreement proves to be one that will topple their worlds, as each dance steadily ensnares them in a romance that forces the two to question what they are willing to sacrifice for love. . . .
About the Author
Mary Balogh has written more than one hundred historical novels and novellas, more than thirty of which have been New York Times bestsellers. They include the Bedwyn saga, the Simply quartet, the Huxtable quintet, the seven-part Survivors' Club series, and the Westcott series.
Praise for the novels of Mary Balogh
“One of the best!”—Julia Quinn
"Balogh is today’s superstar heir to the marvelous legacy of Georgette Heyer, (except a lot steamier!)”—Susan Elizabeth Phillips
"With her brilliant, beautiful and emotionally intense writing Mary Balogh sets the gold standard in historical romance."—Jayne Ann Krentz
"When it comes to historical romance, Mary Balogh is one of my favorites!"—Eloisa James
“A superb author whose narrative voice comments on the characters and events of her novel in an ironic tone reminiscent of Jane Austen.”—Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“Mary Balogh just keeps getting better and better…interesting characters and great stories to tell...well worth your time.”—The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“I loved this book. I read it in one sitting and it made me smile a lot and cry a little.”—Smart Bitches, Trashy Books