Reopening for in-person browsing: JUNE 6
store hours: 12pm to 6pm everyday
We are still accepting online orders, as well as care package orders at this link.
New Customer Guidelines:
No Mask, No Entry. If you don’t have a mask, knock on the door and a staff member will bring you one that you can keep.
Browse with intention. Don’t touch every book in the store if you don’t have to.
In order to ensure touchless checkout, we are not accepting cash at this time.
Only 7 customers are allowed in the store at one time.
No pets at this time.
Children need to be vigorously supervised; they cannot leave your side while you are browsing.
All seating areas are closed.
Our tea service is currently suspended, but you can still buy the tea leaves to make at home.
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Pink Carnation series.
- #2: The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation #2) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #3: The Deception of the Emerald Ring (Pink Carnation #3) (Paperback): $15.00
- #4: The Seduction of the Crimson Rose (Pink Carnation #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #5: The Temptation of the Night Jasmine (Pink Carnation #5) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #6: The Betrayal of the Blood Lily: A Pink Carnation Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #7: The Mischief of the Mistletoe: A Pink Carnation Christmas (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #8: The Garden Intrigue: A Pink Carnation Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #9: The Garden Intrigue (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #10: The Passion of the Purple Plumeria: A Pink Carnation Novel (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #11: The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla (Pink Carnation #11) (Paperback): $15.00
- #12: The Lure of the Moonflower (Pink Carnation #12) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
Nothing goes right for Eloise. The one day she wears her new suede boots, it rains cats and dogs. When the subway stops short, she’s always the one thrown into some stranger’s lap. Plus, she’s had more than her share of misfortune in the way of love. In fact, ever since she realized romantic heroes are a thing of the past, she’s decided it’s time for a fresh start.
Setting off for England, Eloise is determined to finish her dissertation on that dashing pair of spies, the Scarlet Pimpernel and the Purple Gentian. But what she discovers is something the finest historians have missed: the secret history of the Pink Carnation—the most elusive spy of all time. As she works to unmask this obscure spy, Eloise stumbles across answers to all kinds of questions. Like how did the Pink Carnation save England from Napoleon? What became of the Scarlet Pimpernel and the Purple Gentian? And will Eloise Kelly escape her bad luck and find a living, breathing hero all her own?
About the Author
Lauren Willig is a law student and Ph.D. candidate in history at Harvard University. She is the author of The Secret History of the Pink Carnation.
"Lauren Willig balances her knowledge of English history with a veritable passion for English spies, turning out a deftly hilarious, sexy novel." —Eloisa James, author of Kiss Me, Annabel
"In her swashbuckling debut...Willig reimagines France under Napoleon besieged by a whole bouquet of spying floral foes...Bad news for the Bonapartes but barrels of good-natured fun for the rest of us." —Library Journal
"A juicy mystery...Chick-lit never had it so good!" —Complete Woman
"[A] breezy historical romance... The sparks fly." —Publishers Weekly
"[A] playful romp…effervescent prose... A sexy [and] determined-to-charm historical-romance debut." —Kirkus Reviews