Topped Chef: A Key West Food Critic Mystery (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Key West Food Critic series.
- #1: An Appetite for Murder: A Key West Food Critic Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Death in Four Courses: A Key West Food Critic Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Murder with Ganache (Key West Food Critic #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Death with All the Trimmings (Key West Food Critic #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Fatal Reservations (Key West Food Critic #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Killer Takeout (Key West Food Critic #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Death on the Menu: A Key West Food Critic Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: A Deadly Feast: A Key West Food Critic Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: The Key Lime Crime (A Key West Food Critic Mystery #10) (Paperback): $16.99
- #11: A Scone of Contention (A Key West Food Critic Mystery #11) (Paperback): $16.99
- #12: A Dish to Die for (A Key West Food Critic Mystery #12) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #13: A Clue in the Crumbs (A Key West Food Critic Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $28.99
Hayley Snow loves her job as the food critic for Key Zest magazine, tasting the offerings from Key West’s most innovative restaurants. She’d rate her life four stars, until she’s forced into the spotlight…and another murder investigation.
Hoping for some good publicity, Hayley’s boss signs her up to help judge the Key West Topped Chef contest. Stakes are high as the winner could be the next cooking-show superstar. Hayley shows up for the filming nervous but excited, until she sees who’s on the judging panel with her: Sam Rizzoli, big shot businessman—and owner of the restaurant she just panned in her first negative review.
When Rizzoli turns up dead, the police assume his killer is one of his business rivals. But Hayley wonders whether someone is taking the contest a little too seriously. With the police following the wrong recipe, it’s up to Hayley to find the killer before she’s eliminated from the show…permanently.
About the Author
Clinical psychologist Roberta Isleib, aka Lucy Burdette, has had ten previous mysteries published. Her books and stories have been short-listed for Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity awards.
Key West, Food Critic series praise:
“What fun! Lucy Burdette writes evocatively about Key West and food—a winning combination. I can’t wait for the next entry in this charming series.”—New York Times bestselling author Diane Mott Davis
“Food, fun, and felonies. What more could a reader ask for?”—New York Times bestselling author Lorna Barrett
“For a true taste of paradise, don’t miss An Appetite for Murder. Lucy Burdette’s first Key West Food Critic mystery combines a lush, tropical setting, a mysterious murder, and plenty of quirky characters. The victim may not be coming back for seconds, but readers certainly will!”—Julie Hyzy, national bestselling author of the White House Chef mysteries and Manor House mysteries
“[A] yummy sequel to An Appetite for Murder...anyone who’s ever overpaid for a pretentious restaurant meal will relish this witty cozy.”—Publishers Weekly