Click HERE for the most updated hours, customer guidelines and updates to store policy.
Stranglehold (A Duff MacCallister Western #9) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the A Duff MacCallister Western series.
- #1: MacCallister: The Eagles Legacy (A Duff MacCallister Western #1) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #4: Kill Crazy (A Duff MacCallister Western #4) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #5: Kingdom Come (A Duff MacCallister Western #5) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #6: Ten Guns from Texas (A Duff MacCallister Western #6) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #7: Day of Reckoning (A Duff MacCallister Western #7) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #8: The Stalking Death (A Duff MacCallister Western #8) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #10: Killer Take All (A Duff MacCallister Western #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Savage Sunday (A Duff MacCallister Western #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
Johnstone Country. Where others fear to tread.
Descended from a long line of fighters, lovers, and dreamers, the MacCallister clan are legends in their homeland of Scotland. But when Duff MacCallister came to America, it seems he brought the legend—and the war—along with him . . .
Here in America, life is full of surprises. Duff never expected to hear from his old friend Charles McGregor, his batallion commander from the Black Watch Regiment of Her Majesty’s army. Turns out McGregor lives in New Mexico now. And he needs Duff’s help. He’s started a new life as the mayor of Antelope Wells—a mining town that’s being targeted by a power-hungry madman Ebenezer Schofield, who wants to declare the whole area an independent principality—and himself as king. He’s already squeezing taxes out of the local businesses and citizens. But no one has the guts to stop him. Because Schofield’s got his own private army of fifty uniformed men, six Mexican revolution cannons—and a traitor working on his side in the heart of Antelope Wells . . .
This is more than just a favor for a friend. This is justice. This is payback. This is war. And this is Duff MacCallister.
Live Free. Read Hard.
About the Author
William W. Johnstone is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 300 books, including the series THE MOUNTAIN MAN; PREACHER, THE FIRST MOUNTAIN MAN; MACCALLISTER; LUKE JENSEN, BOUNTY HUNTER; FLINTLOCK; THOSE JENSEN BOYS; THE FRONTIERSMAN; SAVAGE TEXAS; THE KERRIGANS; and WILL TANNER: DEPUTY U.S. MARSHAL. His thrillers include BLACK FRIDAY, TYRANNY, STAND YOUR GROUND, and THE DOOMSDAY BUNKER. Visit his website at www.williamjohnstone.net or email him at email@example.com.
Being the all-around assistant, typist, researcher, and fact checker to one of the most popular western authors of all time, J.A. Johnstone learned from the master, Uncle William W. Johnstone.
He began tutoring J.A. at an early age. After-school hours were often spent retyping manuscripts or researching his massive American Western History library as well as the more modern wars and conflicts. J.A. worked hard—and learned.
“Every day with Bill was an adventure story in itself. Bill taught me all he could about the art of storytelling. ‘Keep the historical facts accurate,’ he would say. ‘Remember the readers, and as your grandfather once told me, I am telling you now: be the best J.A. Johnstone you can be.’”