The Wayward Prince: A Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #7) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries series.
- #1: The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes: A Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: A Study in Treason: A Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #2) (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #3: The Disappearance of Alistair Ainsworth: A Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: The Art of Deception: A Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: The Abduction of Pretty Penny: A Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #5) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #6: The Blue Diamond: A Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mystery (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $18.00
The fate of Prince Harry and the British throne lies in the hands of Joanna and the Watsons in the latest Daughter of Sherlock Holmes mystery from USA Today bestselling author Leonard Goldberg.
During the height of the Great War, playboy Prince Harry, the third in line to the British throne, vanishes in thin air while horseback riding in Hyde Park The strikingly handsome playboy prince is initially believed to have arranged his disappearance so he can enjoy a brief rendezvous with one of his secret lovers. But when his absence continues on for days, the royal family grows concerned and summons Scotland Yard, who can only recover scant, unrevealing clues.
The concern deepens when MI5 decodes a recent message from German spies in London which speaks of a captured asset that will bring great embarrassment to the Crown. There is a strong belief within the Intelligence agency that plans are underway to transport the captive prince to Berlin without delay. Despite an intensive search, no trace of the royal can be detected.
With Scotland Yard and MI5 baffled, Joanna and the Watsons are called in, and they soon find themselves entangled in a web of abortion, murder, treason, and spies, all of which is seemingly being orchestrated by an arch-enemy of the long-dead Sherlock Holmes. In their race to rescue Prince Harry, it becomes clear that the mastermind behind the maze of crimes has a singular motive in mind. He desires overdue revenge in the form of Joanna’s death.
About the Author
Leonard Goldberg is the USA Today bestselling author of the Joanna Blalock medical thrillers. His novels have been translated into a dozen languages and were selections of the Book of the Month Club, French and Czech book clubs, and The Mystery Guild. They were featured as People’s “Page-Turner of the Week” and at the International Book Fair. After a long career affiliated with the UCLA Medical Center as a Clinical Professor of Medicine, he now lives on an island off the coast of Charleston, SC.
Praise for The Wayward Prince:
"An appealing installment for franchise fans and newcomers alike." —Kirkus Reviews
Praise for the Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Series:
"With The Blue Diamond, author Goldberg amply demonstrates once again just how compelling a figure Joanna Holmes has become. Simply put, this series is one of the best continuations of the Sherlock mythos that one could hope for." —Mystery Scene
"A testament to the power of deductive reasoning...Goldberg brings his characters vibrantly to life." —The Post and Courier
"Fans of the original mysteries will get a chuckle out of the antic language, and there is a mercurial Mary Poppins appeal to this not-to-be-trifled-with heroine that will appeal to fans beyond Baker Street." —Booklist