Murder at Ochre Court (A Gilded Newport Mystery #6) (Paperback)
NOT ON OUR SHELVES- available for order, usually ships in 1-5 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the A Gilded Newport Mystery series.
- #1: Murder at the Breakers (A Gilded Newport Mystery #1) (Paperback): $16.95
- #2: Murder at Marble House (A Gilded Newport Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: Murder at Beechwood (A Gilded Newport Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: Murder at Rough Point (A Gilded Newport Mystery #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Murder at Chateau sur Mer (A Gilded Newport Mystery #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: Murder at Crossways (A Gilded Newport Mystery #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: Murder at Kingscote (A Gilded Newport Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.95
- #9: Murder at Wakehurst (A Gilded Newport Mystery #9) (Paperback): $16.95
- #10: Murder at Beacon Rock (A Gilded Newport Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #11: Murder at the Elms (A Gilded Newport Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $27.00
For fans of HBO’s The Gilded Age, explore the dark side of the alluring world of America’s 19th century elite in this gripping series of riveting mysteries…
In the summer of 1898, reporter Emma Cross investigates a shocking death among the bright lights of Newport's high society . . .
After a disappointing year as a society columnist for the Herald, Emma has returned to the salty air, glittering ocean vistas, and grand stately mansions of Newport, Rhode Island, more determined than ever to report on hard news.
But for now she’s covering the social event of the season at Ochre Court, a coming-out ball designed to showcase Cleo Cooper-Smith, who will be on display as Cleopatra in an elaborate tableau vivant. But as the deb ascends to her place of honor, the ballroom is plunged into darkness. When the lights come back on, Cleo sits still on her throne, electrocuted to death.
Quickly establishing that the wiring was tampered with, Emma now has a murder to investigate. As Emma begins to discover this crime has unseen connections to a nefarious network, she puts her own life at risk to shine a light on the dark motives behind a merciless murder . . .
“Plenty of red herrings and an intimate look at the world of the wealthy and famous make for a rich broth of a mystery.”
About the Author
Alyssa Maxwell began a love affair with the city of Newport years ago. Time and again the colonial neighborhoods and grand mansions drew her to return, and on one of those later visits she met the man who would become her husband. Always a lover of history, Maxwell found that marrying into a large, generations‑-old Newport family opened up an exciting new world of historical discovery. Today, she and her husband reside in Florida, but part of her heart remains firmly in that small New England city of great historical significance. For more info please visit www.alyssamaxwell.com.