Steamed Open (A Maine Clambake Mystery #7) (Mass Market)
NOT ON OUR SHELVES- available for order, usually ships in 1-5 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the A Maine Clambake Mystery series.
- #1: Clammed Up (A Maine Clambake Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Boiled Over (A Maine Clambake Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Musseled Out (A Maine Clambake Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Fogged Inn (A Maine Clambake Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Stowed Away (A Maine Clambake Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Shucked Apart (A Maine Clambake Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Muddled Through (A Maine Clambake Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
It’s summertime in Busman’s Harbor, Maine, and the clamming is easy—or it was until a mysterious new neighbor blocks access to the beach, cutting off the Snowden Family Clambake’s supply. Julia Snowden is just one of many townspeople angered by Bartholomew Frick’s decision. But which one of them was angry enough to kill?
Beachcombers, lighthouse buffs, and clammers are outraged after Frick puts up a gate in front of his newly inherited mansion. When Julia urges him to reconsider, she’s the last to see him alive—except the person who stabs him in the neck with a clam rake. As she pores through a long list of suspects, Julia meets disgruntled employees, rival heirs, and a pair of tourists determined to visit every lighthouse in America. They all have secrets, and Julia will have to work fast to expose the guilty party—or see this season’s clam harvest dry up for good.
Praise for Iced Under
“Ross knows her Maine coast and her snowstorms. Both provide an atmospheric backdrop for a cozy that . . . picks up its pace when its focus returns to the living and the newly dead.”
About the Author
Barbara Ross is the author of the Maine Clambake Mysteries. The first book in the series, Clammed Up was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best Contemporary Novel, the RT Book Reviews, Reviewer’s Choice Best Book Award for Amateur Sleuth and was a finalist for the Maine Literary Award for Crime Fiction. She is co-editor/co-publisher of Level Best Books, which produces anthologies of crime stories by New England authors. She writes at her home overlooking the harbor in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Readers can visit her website at MaineClambakeMysteries.com.