Murder Flies the Coop (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #2) (Paperback)
NOT ON OUR SHELVES- available for order, usually ships in 1-5 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the A Beryl and Edwina Mystery series.
- #3: Murder Cuts the Mustard (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #3) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #4: Murder Comes to Call (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #4) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #5: Murder in an English Glade (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #5) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #6: Murder Through the English Post (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #6) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #7: Murder at a London Finishing School (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #7) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #8: Murder at an English Séance (A Beryl and Edwina Mystery #8) (Hardcover): $27.00
One would hardly call them birds of a feather, but thrill-seeking American adventuress Beryl Helliwell and quietly reserved Brit Edwina Davenport do one thing very well together—solve murders . . .
Sharing lodging in the sleepy English village of Walmsley Parva has eased some of the financial strain on the two old school chums, but money is still tight in these lean years following the Great War. So when the local vicar—and pigeon-racing club president—approaches them with a private inquiry opportunity, the ladies eagerly accept. There's been a spot of bother: the treasurer has absconded with the club's funds and several prized birds.
Beryl and Edwina hope to flush out the missing man by checking his boardinghouse and place of employment at the coal mine. But when they visit the man's loft, they find their elusive quarry lying in white feathers and a pool of crimson blood—the only witnesses cooing mournfully. Beryl and Edwina aren't shy about ruffling a few feathers as they home in on their suspects, but they had better find the killer fast, before their sleuthing career is cut short . . .
Praise for Murder in an English Village
"With its strong sense of place and time in post-World War I England, this will be welcomed by fans of Frances Brody’s Kate Shackleton mysteries."
—Library Journal (Starred Review)
“A spectacular series launch.”
—Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
About the Author
Jessica Ellicott is the author of Murder in an English Village, the first book in the Beryl & Edwina Mystery series. She loves fountain pens, Mini Coopers, and throwing parties. She lives in northern New England where she obsessively knits wool socks and enthusiastically speaks Portuguese with a shocking disregard for the rules of grammar.