Murder at Crossways (A Gilded Newport Mystery #7) (Hardcover)
Backordered or Out of Print
Backordered or Out of Print
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the A Gilded Newport Mystery series.
- #1: Murder at the Breakers (A Gilded Newport Mystery #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Murder at Marble House (A Gilded Newport Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: Murder at Beechwood (A Gilded Newport Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: Murder at Rough Point (A Gilded Newport Mystery #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Murder at Chateau sur Mer (A Gilded Newport Mystery #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: Murder at Ochre Court (A Gilded Newport Mystery #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: Murder at Kingscote (A Gilded Newport Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.95
- #9: Murder at Wakehurst (A Gilded Newport Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #10: Murder at Beacon Rock (A Gilded Newport Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #11: Murder at the Elms (A Gilded Newport Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $27.00
For fans of HBO’s The Gilded Age, explore the dark side of the alluring world of America’s 19th century elite in this gripping series of riveting mysteries…
In late August 1898, reporter Emma Cross attends the final fête of the Newport social season and discovers the party's over for a visiting prince . . .
The days are getting shorter as summer's end approaches, which means it's time for the Harvest Festival, the last big event of the season, held by Mamie Fish, wife of millionaire railroad tycoon Stuyvesant Fish, at their grand "cottage," Crossways. The neocolonial mansion is decked out in artificial autumn splendor, and an extravagant scavenger hunt will be held. But the crowning jewel of the evening will be the guest of honor, Prince Otto of Austria.
As acting editor-in-chief of the Newport Messenger, Emma had hoped to leave her days as a society reporter behind her. But at the last moment, she must fill in and attend the Harvest Festival. With nearly every eligible daughter of Newport high society in attendance, Emma can almost hear romantic dreams shattering like glass slippers when the prince fails to appear. The next morning, he is found dead in the side garden at Crossways, making it clear a murderer crashed the party.
The prince has been stabbed in the same manner as another man, recently found on nearby Bailey's Beach—who strongly resembles Emma's half-brother Brady's father, presumed dead for nearly thirty years after a yachting mishap. As Emma investigates a connection between the two victims, she is joined on the hunt by Mamie Fish herself. But they must hurry—before the killer slips away like the fading summer . . .
About the Author
Alyssa Maxwell began a love affair with the city of Newport years ago. Time and again the colonial neighborhoods and grand mansions drew her to return, and on one of those later visits she met the man who would become her husband. Always a lover of history, Maxwell found that marrying into a large, generations‑-old Newport family opened up an exciting new world of historical discovery. Today, she and her husband reside in Florida, but part of her heart remains firmly in that small New England city of great historical significance. For more info please visit www.alyssamaxwell.com.