Andy Catlett: Early Travels (Port William #9) (Paperback)
NOT ON OUR SHELVES- available for order, usually ships in 1-5 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Port William series.
- #1: Nathan Coulter: A Novel (Port William #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: The Wild Birds: Six Stories of the Port William Membership (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: Remembering: A Novel (Port William #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: A World Lost: A Novel (Port William #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: Jayber Crow: A Novel (Port William #6) (Paperback): $17.95
- #7: That Distant Land: The Collected Stories (Port William #7) (Paperback): $18.95
- #8: Hannah Coulter: A Novel (Port William #8) (Paperback): $16.95
- #10: A Place in Time: Twenty Stories of the Port William Membership (Paperback): $16.95
- #12: How it Went: Thirteen More Stories of the Port William Membership (Paperback): $16.95
A young boy takes a trip on his own to visit his grandparents in Kentucky in this luminous entry in the acclaimed Port William series.
In this “eloquent distillation of Berry’s favorite themes: the importance of family, community and respect for the land” (Kirkus Reviews), nine-year-old Andy Catlett embarks on a solo trip by bus to visit his grandparents in Port William, Kentucky, during the Christmas of 1943. Full of “nostalgic, admiring detail” (Publishers Weekly), Andy observes the modern world crowding out the old ways, and the people he encounters become touchstones for his understanding of a precious and imperiled world. This beautiful, short memoir-like novel is a perfect introduction to Wendell Berry’s rich and ever-evolving saga of the Port William Membership, filled with images “as though describing a painting by Edward Hopper” (The New York Times).
About the Author
Wendell Berry is the author of fifty books of poetry, fiction, and essays. He was recently awarded the Cleanth Brooks Medal for Lifetime Achievement by the Fellowship of Southern Writers and the Louis Bromfield Society Award. For over forty years he has lived and farmed with his wife, Tanya, in Kentucky.